Mark really connects…
Over the years, We’ve found that storytelling is an amazing way to connect one person with another. As a writer and storyteller, Mark shares traditional and original tales in a manner that is appropriate for and respectful of the listener.
In other words, he adapts his work so that your students can hear and respond.
“Meeting Street has enjoyed Mark Binders hilarious story telling for the past three years. Mark really connects with children with all abilites and includes heroic characters in his stories that have special needs. The students just cannot wait for Mark to return again!”
– Wendy Kirshner, Meeting Street
Depending on the needs and abilities of your population, Mark’s programs can be thematic “shows” with a combination of stories, songs and music, or he can offer more of an author visit with questions, answers and even workshop instruction.
Some of the facilities Mark has been to include:
The High Road School • Meeting Street • Evergreen Center • Seven Hills • The Wolf School • St. Ann’s Home and School
When we say Mark works with all ages and abilities, we’re not kidding—from Preschool through High School and adult. At your school, I will work with your population and leave them laughing and smiling.
Programs for Special Populations
- Author Visit (includes reading, book talk, discussion, question and answer and storytelling)
- The Art of Peace – resolving conflict and handling bullies (based on Mark’s new book)
- Writing workshop and coaching sessions
- Story making/telling workshop and coaching
- Story telling programs — often thematic, such as “holiday” or “spooky.” Both educational and fun. Perfect for a reading week focus, or a celebration or reward.
If you’ve never seen a storytelling program, this is something truly special. You’ll be amazed at the rapt attention your group will give to Mark.
- Staff development and training in writing and/or telling stories.
Questions and booking
To schedule your workshop or event, please give us a call at (401) 272-8707 or drop an email to Beth (email@example.com)