Transmit Joy! Audio Storybook Teacher’s Tools
Transmit Joy! is a collection of 10 stories—with no illustrations!
All of the pictures are in your mind. We invite you to have your children draw what they see and hear and think. Some of the stories are deliberately ambiguous about what characters look like.
We’ve also found that students really like inventing their own Mr. Boring stories!
When you’re done, please send us your favorites!
- Click here for The Transmit Joy! Audio Storybook Coloring Pages
Letter for Teachers Prior to Visit
“I hope that my program is not an interruption, but will be a fun event that supports your teaching.…”
• Click here to read Mark’s Letter to Teachers
Seven Tips for Students Writing with a Computer
Here’s an article I wrote that you can distribute to students. It’s a one-page printable PDF. Let me know if you if you have suggestions or additional tips: Seven Tips for Students Writing With a Computer.
Common Core Standards Connections
Mark’s programs do relate to the Common Core Standards.
This is a lovely teacher’s guide written Robyn Noble, an inner-city Kindergarten Teacher with more than 20 years experience. It includes Interactive read-aloud techniques, questions to prompt discussion, illustrations for guidance and a bibliography of additional related work.
- Cinderella Spinderella Teacher’s Guide
- Cinderella Spinderella Coloring Book
- Cinderella Spinderella Common Core Correlations
Writing Workshop/Instant Story Guides and Setup
- Each student and teacher will need: desk/writing area; writing paper; pen (preferred) or pencil.
- Each classroom/event area will need white or chalk board or paper and markers, extra paper, pens, pencils and a sharpener (if there aren’t extra pencils.
- Please distribute either the documents or links to this page to all participating teachers. (transmitjoy.com/teacher-guides/#writing)
- Mark’s Letter to Teachers
- Complete Guide and Handout Set for Administration
- instant-story-student-handout (optional for students)
- Program Connections to Common Core Relationships
- Seven Tips for Students Writing With a Computer.
Stories for Peace – Resolving Conflicts/Handling Bullies
These guides accompany either the book or program: Stories for Peace
Eureka Science Stories
School/Event Setup Info
Life in Chelm
All of these Teacher’s Guides files are printable PDFs.
- Cinderella Spinderella -teachers_guide
- Writing Workshop Guides
- Tall Tales Teacher’s Guide
- It’s Aloud — Telling and Reading Stories with Children (handout for parents and teachers)
- Teacher’s Workshop Guide
Not every program currently has a teacher’s guide. Please let us know if you need one developed. (send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org)