For booking and info contact: Beth Hellmanbeth@markbinder.com (401) 272-8707
How many presentations can you do in a day?
How long are the shows and workshops?
What age groups is your work appropriate for?
What is the difference between a workshop and a residency?
What size audiences have you worked with?
Do you have a sound system?
Can we get a grant to bring you in?
What are your fees?
- How many presentations can you do in a day?
- One to four, depending on the length of the shows or workshop. There is also the possibility of an evening event.
I like to be “used up” at the end of the day. If I’m not excited and exhausted then I haven’t done my job.
- How long are your shows and workshops?
- Shows run 45 minutes, sometimes longer. Workshops run 45 to 90 minutes.
- What age groups is your work appropriate for?
- I like to work with all ages. Elementary, middle, high school, family and adult.
When I am scheduled for an event open to the public, we plan for a particular age group, but if a different age group shows up, the presentation is adapted.
I also do some work in preschools. Children under 3 are welcome, but because my work is spoken-word story, they are unlikely to derive full benefit.
- What is the difference between a workshop and a residency?
- A workshop is a hands-on learning program. A residency is a multiple day booking. Residencies can include a blend of presentations and workshops, allowing every student in a school to participate and learn. Evening community programs are encouraged during residencies.
- What size audiences have you worked with?
- I’ve worked in small rooms and large rooms with audiences as small as 10 and as large as 1,000. Typical audience size is 200-300.
- Do you have a sound system?
- Yes. In some cases no sound system is needed, but I have several sound systems designed to work in a variety of circumstances. My favorite is designed by Bose, and is truely amazing
- Can we get a grant to bring you in?
- Sure! Over the years my programs have received grant funding from the US Department of Education, Mass Cultural Council, New York BOCES, Rhode Island State Council on the arts and many more. I am on the New England Artist Touring Roster, and the Rhode Island Arts Roster. We might even be able to help you write it.
- What are your fees?
- Please email Beth Hellman(firstname.lastname@example.org) or call us at (401) 272-8707 for the latest cost (401) 272-8707.
I am aware that there are communities with financial concerns, and I am doing everything in my power to share my work with as many different communities as possible. For the past few years, I have kept my pricing flat, and offered deep discounts, block booking, as well as fundraising opportunities.
In other words If you’re interested, please get in touch and we’ll try to make it work…