"What we teach children is not brute force, not violence, but
the cultivation of ki through mind-body training which will
eventually build confidence, self-esteem and a sense of control over
Click here for more information about Way of Harmony
- Cool demonstration by the teacher
- Brief "discussion/conversation" about violence, martial arts, conflict resolution
- Exercises for blending and harmony
Also -- possible -- some rolling/tumbling work.
- Short calming meditation at the end
- This program is targeted at grades 4-8. Multiple sessions can be held back to back.
Note: Minimum of Martial arts techniques. The kids won't be running around karate-chopping each other for weeks to come.
The class structure would be similar on a daily basis to the
one-day class (above), but with more continuity, developing complex
physical movements and some physical contact and "technique" such as
throwing. Also emphasized will be safety and falling.
Note: Wrestling mats are a must if falling/rolling will be taught.